Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Hills Are Alive

Today was a hellacious day we rode 64.1 miles before finally getting to our B&B in East Burke. We climbed in excess of 1500 feet today and we have the scars to prove it. There was absolutely nothing on the road today except for hills. We reached speeds of 35 mph on the downhills which was definitely needed. When we finally got in tonight we hit the local pub and ate like kings then I hit the hot tub to loosen up the muscles and jesse and mike showered and packed up for our 65 miler tomorrow. Its time to shower and stretch before I hit the sack. See everyone tomorrow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I went on Google Earth today and thought I saw 3 specs being chased by Dudley Doright the famous Canadian Mounty. But alas it was just a couple specs of dirt on my computer screen.

Hope all is well and you three are lounging in yee pub. Have a couple of drafts on me.
Dad Jeff

Anonymous said...

I saw the same specs

Uncle Jay

Anonymous said...

Leaving for Boston tomorrow can't wait to see you when you get back. Use bacitracin on your cuts.Love, Gram

Jerry Rubinowitz said...

I think my muscles are aching from reading your description of daily treks. Good luck

Unknown said...

Zlata loves Gram's comments

Unknown said...

These blogs are awesome. Lets see some videos of you guys riding or the scenery or of Jesse going "phhhmmmp".

Eileen Schwimmer said...

Hi guys. Just wanted you to know that we are thinking of you. Hope today wasn't too grueling.
Love, Mom (Eileen)