Monday, June 25, 2007

Homestretch (continued...)

On Saturday I loaded up my bike with all of the gear I plan to take on our trip and rode from Hoboken, NJ to Ridgewood, NJ (~30 miles.) The ride was definitely harder than I expected; the huge hills and insane wind along the Hudson River didn't help much! I mapped out a route using the GMAP Pedometer site. The hardest part was climbing the hills on the border of Edgewater and Fort Lee along River Road (just south of the George Washington Bridge.) Somehow I missed a turn in Hackensack and went a few miles out of my way but all in all it was a great experience. For better or worse that was the last training I'm planning on doing before our trip begins on Sunday.

Check out the Google Map we created of our route. The map will show all of our stops and eventually will include pictures and videos along the route.

No comments: