Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Oh the Knees

I figured that going into this bike tour I should be fresh and ready to climb all those steep hills and be able to keep up with the other two more experienced riders, and then i went to my baseball game last night and all hell broke loose. I had tickets for the Mets game last night and I thought I would be a good teammate and give our starting catcher a break since he's caught most of the games, so I didn't go to the Mets game and took one for the team. Needless to say, after 6 innings and somewhere around 200 pitches my knees are not feeling all that great today. Looks like it will be a lot of rest for the next 3 days in preparation for departure. I'm going to the bike shop to pick up my bicycle tonight after I took it in for some fine tuning before our big departure. I am planning on riding the 10 miles or so from Westwood back to Fair Lawn tonight, and hopefully the knees hold up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you Mitch.