Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Jesse's First Geared Ride


Yesterday, I dedcided to take my first ride with all of my gear packed on the bike. Justin and Howard joined me. Justin and I left my house on our way to Howard's and I noticed that my trip computer was not working. I messed around with it for a few minutes and had determined it was broken. I then decided to go to Amber Bike Shop in FL to buy a new one which I did and figured I would install it later. We then proceeded to Howard's house.

We rode approximately 15 miles from my house to Saddle Brook and back. The ride was fairly uneventful until I received a call from my mom telling me an insurance adjuster from my Grandma's carrier was on his way over to look at some water damage she sustained. We had to turn around early because I thought I was going to have to make an emergency stop at my Grandma's to lend a hand with my expertise.

The ride was definitely not as hard as I thought it would be. I did notice that when I stop it takes longer to brake and I am not used the weight on the sides. I am not sure if I had the saddle bags packed evenly. The ride did not have too many hills and I'm sure those will be a little more difficult. Ok, maybe a lot more difficult.

No comments: